Saturday, July 31, 2021

What is your brook?

 After my devotions this morning on the supremacy of God and Elijah I opened up my computer to Psalm 46:10 on the screen saver. It seemed very appropriate.

In The Attributes of God it spoke of how the God of the 20th century doesn't even resemble the God of the Bible. On page 31 it states, "Here then is a sure resting place for the heart. Our lives are neither a product of blind fate nor a result of capricious chance, but every detail of them was ordained from all eternity, and is now ordered by the living and reigning God."

This was followed by the study on Elijah by Priscilla Shirer. I Kings 17:2-4 says:

Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.”

Now I highlighted brook or wadis in Hebrew. Brooks were notorious for drying up. Yet, Elijah didn't hesitate he trusted God! And like Elijah God is our ultimate source of provision! 





No comments: