Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15

This is the best time of year.  Today the temperature was in the 80's.  Loved it, recess was wonderful and the kids hated going back to work.  We managed to get it together and accomplish a little more work.  We are reading Number the Stars and in writing they are working on a 5th grade Survival Guide.  So it is kind of fun before the storm.

Also, today we noticed that the tree outside my window (that hasn't bloomed in 5 years) had some buds on it today.  We took pictures and marveled at how spring was here for sure! 

After school, I rushed to Macon for some blood work.  As I was taking the kids to the bus they asked where I was headed and I said to the doctor in Macon.  One of my students said, "Hey, my Dad was in jail once in Macon."  Well I assured them I was going for a doctors appointment.  Of course I had to treat myself to Starbucks and a quick (expensive) trip to Dillards.  You've got to love the big city. 

The only thing that could of made today better would have been a convertible!!!

1 comment:

Amy Rudd said...

Wow, a tree hasn't bloomed in 5 years? I wonder what's different this year...hmmmm.