Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life According to Seuss Part 4

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
-Dr. Seuss

That Dr. Seuss who knew he was so wise! I love this quote!! I think this should be my life motto. Lots of things in our lives have ended...death of a parent, death of a business, moving nine times, changing schools, children moving and getting married. All are very sad events, but what a joy the memories were.

Today driving home from Madison I saw a horse trailer. A smile came over my face as I remembered hauling two kids around the country. What a time we had. Sometimes it brings a tear to my eye that God never saw fit to give Dan the success he sooo deserved. However, at the same time a smile crossed my face because it happened.

I've seen death and lived with it...it holds no fear. I've had a promising business, stayed at home and raised a family to see it all end in bankrupcy. I've left wonderful schools and friends and thought I'd never have either of them again. I've watched two boys go off to college, and one get married and regretted that we were so tied to that business that failed. Yet, they have life experiences that others will never get.

So yeah I think I'll smile because it all happened.


No comments: