Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 3 - 26 years

Twenty-six years ago today I married the love of my life. When you say 26 years it sounds like a long, long time, but most days I feel like it was yesterday. We've lived through an awful lot in these past 26 years, but we've done it together. I can say that for us our love has grown stronger through the years. My heart still skips a beat when I see his face, and that is the way I want it to always be. He is the place where my heart is anchored.

I think Emily Dickinson must have felt this way as well...

Wild Nights! Wild Nights!
Were I with thee,
Wild Nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile the winds
To a heart in port,
Done with the compass,
Done with the chart!

Rowing in Eden!
Ah! the sea!
Might I but moor
To-night in Thee!

(Who knew Emily was so racy!?)


4 comments:

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Congratulations! You are both lucky people to have found love like yours...although (and I can say this after 25 years of married life) a great marriage takes a LOT of hard work! I hope you've planned something special to mark this day!

wlb said...

Congratulations! I think any marriages beyond seven years deserve our attention. It seems fewer and fewer people are able to make it. 31 here and a very happy 31 they are.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!! You go girl....and boy:)

Freda

Jane said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
We are on year 34 in August.