Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1 - Destressing

Mondays are always stressful to me. I leave the house before the sun even comes up. However, I had a full cup of coffee and a full moon to light the way. Plus, I was a little early. Life looked pretty okay at 7:00 this morning.

Then I took the walk down the hall and things got stressful. I was meet with F saying, "Come here, I've got something to tell you." And before I knew it the stress was washing over me. My day flew by going from one stressful situation to the next. AAAAGGHH! Why can't I just let things roll off my back. I know that internalizing all this stress is wrecking havoc on my body. (Hence the upcoming trip to the gastrologist.)

Finally, tutoring was over and school was out. I picked up my own 13 year old, six foot child and realized today was my appointment with the reflexologist. I called my super wonderful husband who was able to take six foot man/child with him. Then I was off to my appointment.

I walked into the quiet dark room with candle light flickering and immediately started to breath a little easier. I took in the relaxation music like a sponge. Quickly my shoes and socks were off and my feet were on a cloud of pillows. As Cindy (my wonderful reflexologist) began to go to work. I relished in the quiet atmosphere. I needed this time!

I came home to that wonderful husband and six foot man/child and supper on the stove. I ate and no one expected me to do anything. It is bliss to be home.

Tomorrow again will be hectic. The 5th grade writing test is Wednesday, so my stress level is high. Tonight I am calm and relaxed and ready to face whatever comes my way.

5 comments:

Middle Minds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thinking Aloud said...

We all take our peace where we can get it. The kids have gone to bed and I have a book, a bottle of wine, and a hot bath a waiting.

Stacey said...

Remember to tell them to do their personal best... kind of like all of the Olympians scored their personal bests in ice skating and other sports last week.

Try to get some r&r when you can Lennye.

Tracey said...

Reflexology? Cool.

GirlGriot said...

I love that you have a regular appointment with a reflexologist! Yes, yes, yes ... I need to be taking some tips from you!

Looking forward to catching up with you during this slicing month!
~~Stacie