Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today in SS

...Dan was teaching the meaning of "delighting in the Lord." That was when it happened...the man of my dreams for 26+ years sent me a coded message in front of about 18 people, and nobody got it. My hubby made this analogy of delight, "It is like planning a vacation with your wife and knowing it isn't the vacation spot that's important. It is your spending time with her." Behind me a row of people went, "No, it is the vacation spot." Others said, "My wife would rather go with someone else."

Hey, I'm not stupid! Right then and there I thanked God for my husband of nearly 26 years. I thanked Him for allowing me early in our marriage to go to a women's retreat with Beverly LaHaye. I thanked Him for a husband who listens to me. I thanked Him for a man who when I'm with him...I still see fireworks. I thanked Him for allowing us to be not only lovers, but best friends. And I thanked Him for allowing me sense enough to know I have something that money or vacations could ever buy or create.

So I guess I'm not going to concern myself this year with trying to PLAN a vacation that never works out (or for that matter think of how we never take big vacations). I'm going to take mini breaks with the man of my dreams, see some fireworks, and be happy for all I've been given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh....how sweet!

Freda