Saturday, November 7, 2009

Memory Lane



Read this book today while cleaning up around the house. It made me sad. The book is wonderfully written and I may even start giving it as a baby gift. However, it made me ponder how fast it all goes. In the midst of raising the boys with no help or down time; I thought it would last forever. Now I wish I had those last times all saved in a special place. Instead of last times I saw them as firsts. Your first day of school, college, and marriage.

Today one memory has stayed in my mind. When the boys were little 6 and 2, we lived in Pennsylvania. I was really out of my element! I was homeschooling Drew at the time. Anyway it started to rain and I went to sit on the porch. The boys came out and sat with me. It was a gentle late summer rain. Life was going to change again for us soon (we would move to Georgia) and I decided we should just run and play in the rain.

I wish I had thought about us playing in the rain more than once....

No comments: