Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Porch and more

Okay, I understand the comments so far, but I need more help on this one. Is it the fabric you don't like or is it the design? I'm leaning toward Rattan instead of Wicker because we are a large family. Also, after pricing wicker yesterday, this one is lots cheaper! However, it is more than $100 so I'm having to really think about it.

More comments needed.

Also, I need to sell off some of my antiques that I love, but there is no room for them. So here goes...

First, up is an antique bookshelf I got in Pennsylvania. I'm thinking $30.


If you know of anyone looking let me know. I also have a 70" round oak table with 2 leather seated chairs, a wardrobe, and a buffet. More pics will follow.

4 comments:

Monkey said...

I HATE the fabric....I think it looks like it belongs at someone's dead grandma's house...prob. why it's being sold. If I had to have it, I would definitely re-do the fabric as it looks like it probably smells like it's a thousand years old. The style of the furniture is also not my favorite, it looks too busy and I like cleaner, simpler lines. BUT my taste is VERY different than yours....I like simple, slightly mod, contemporary mixed with a little traditional. But, you wanted more adjectives... :) I think I'm probably not the person you wanted some advice from on this one!

Also if you are going to sell that stuff, try craig'slist first. We sold our pool table last week and actually MADE money off of it, seeing as it was a gift to us! :) Sold it for $450.00 and that is one hundred higher than what was paid for it...we were STOKED! We put in there that it had to be picked up and we'd only take cash and after a few bites but no luck, a guy took it on last Saturday.

Sarah B. B. said...

Well, Monkey sort of described it for me - I'd definitely think you'd want to recover those cushions (which is expensive if you don't do it yourself - and I wouldn't want to do it myself, because you can never get the fabric to pull correctly), and the rattan is very Golden Girls. I'd look on Craigslist, definitely. Also, I'd be interested in seeing what your wardrobe looks like... ;)

K2daK said...

Have you sold this bookshelf?

K2daK said...

BTW-don't like the vibe of the sofa thing. :)