Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Joy?!

Today started with a bang literally! I got up at 5:35 am walked into the kitchen to start coffee, and suddenly the electricity blinks off and on once. Next thing I knew it was gone. I showered by candle light, had a heck of a time finding clothes that didn't need to be ironed using a flashlight, finally decided to go to work with wet hair, and fell down the stairs. All this happened before 7:00am!

I got to school 7 minutes late, because some person wanted to drive 50 all the way into Jackson! I had to go the long way to work because of logging truck mucking up my dirt road shortcut! Wanted to do a lesson on the activboard, only to find out it wasn't working...again.

Had lunch alone:( (F and NH were gone to a meeting), graded some more papers and tutored after school. Stopped to get gas before the price went up again tomorrow.

However joy awaited me as I came home to hot chicken lentil soup. Have browsed a few blogs and now it is back to grading papers.

I have the stress test done tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What a day you had! We lost power a couple of years back for a week and it was an adventure! I'm glad that you found joy at the end of all ~ soup is so wonderful on these cold winter nights. Many blessings for a fantastic week ahead! Now I am off to finish grade cards!

Katie

Monkey said...

I'm sorry your morning started off less than joyous! I didn't even know you were here today, thought you were at a meeting too...I didn't venture too far from the Art room today. I hope you're not feeling any bad effects from the fall.