Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Updates from Hestadland. The doctor's appointment left me in the depths of depression yesterday and I usually don't get depressed. Seems that I have arthiritis in my back and a pinched never. He wants the MRI and mentioned the s word (surgery). Then says, don't sit. Come on man, I'm working on a dissertation, I have to sit!!!!! Well I immediately called the massage therapist, who agreed to see me today (yes, on the 4th). Hopefully, this will get me through next week, while I sit all day. F brings up the cost and how am I going to do this, I have no earthly idea at this point! But I can't see an alternative. I am not having back surgery this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan is off to Florida to judge a horse show. YEAH, for judging jobs. He also has one planned for the end of the month.

Drew and Nicole are off to the University of Kentucky. I think this is more what they've wanted all along. Nicole has a partial assistanceship, and (get this) Drew's in-laws said with his degree he could probably get a good job. You think!!!! Like your momma hasn't said, "Get a job." Anyway, I hope all goes well. They will be thousands in debt, but they are young!!!!!

Matt is set to take off to ABAC. YEAH, for ABAC! We almost have all the money accounted for. We are waiting to hear something on two more scholarships, if he gets those all is good!

And Gabe, he just wants to go to the movies. He wants me to take him and Ryan to see Wall-e. Then says, "But if we don't have money, its okay." Poor kid...he's learning early on the pitfalls of life!

Today, I'm going to F's for a low country boil. It should be great fun. I'll get to meet her Daddy and sister. Then we are off to the fireworks. This is one of Gabe's favorite things to do in Jackson! He looks forward to it all year long.

Oh yeah, the B12 shots have started working and my mind is clearing. I'm back to writing!!!!! If I could just stand sitting!!!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Ask Gabe if he and Ryan want a chauffeured ride in the back of the Edge to the movie. I'll take them and pay.

Monkey said...

what time are the fireworks? Is it usually a pretty decent show? At the rec park right?