Monday, June 2, 2008

Who Would Have Thought It!

Okay, as you may know I am in the midst of writing Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the dissertation. Also, trying to pack up my room for a move. (In the back of my mind I want buy a house - so I am officially crazy).

Anyway, the packing is complete, except for having to go in and pack Dianne's room. My foot is killing me. I did call the Doctor today, this was the conversation:

Me: Hi, this is Lennye Hestad

Receptionist: Hey, Mrs. Hestad, what can I do for you?

Me: Well, my foot is killing me.

Receptionist: Well that shot seemed to last a while this time. What was that April?

Me: Yes.

Receptionist: Well Dr. Mam can see you Wednesday and we'll just have to see what he says about this. Aren't you out of school finally.

Me: I've got to work tomorrow.

Receptionist: Well I'll see you early Wednesday!

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

So then I check my college mail and Professor Marina Del Rey has responded to my Chapter 1.
Abstract (no comment) Pages 1-4 no comment. Then came page 5.

Prof: Do you really want to do a triangulated study?

Me thinking: NO

Prof: You need to have a control group and a group with no treatment?

Me thinking: How do I get that approved when our writing scores are so low?

Then came the kicker in bold print!

Prof: I can see you developing a Hestad Writing Program (HWP) Then she says a lot about what if you wrote a curriculum and an individualized writing program for each child. That is based on triangulated data. Then says Call me so we can talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Jesus!HELP!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

That's off the chain...if you don't rest or have any fun at all this summer...I don't want to know about it because that's just crazy...it's called summer BREAK for a reason...so BREAK for the sake of all things sacred and holy! No more school after this right? I haven't even started my Masters program yet because I'm too tired from all y'all's schooling... :) you and Freda should go on mine and Julie's trip to driftwood beach with us when we go....the pictures I've seen of the driftwood are awesome! We were going to do a day trip...we could pack a sandwich and drinks in a cooler...but no talk of school or SCHOOL. :)

Lennye said...

I'm afraid if we take "Sexy Legs" to the beach we might lose her! But I went and looked up pictures and it looks cool!