Friday, June 27, 2008

Intrusions

Ever wonder why so many things come blasting in to our lives, like unwelcome visitors carrying suitcases full of lessons to be learned. That has kinda how this week has shaped up. On Wednesday, like Carefree Carrie, I walk to the mailbox and learn that we are going to be sued. This all stems from Dan's accident back in September. So why is it that when I should be totally distracted, I feel at peace. God has brought us to a point to lean totally on him at this point. Psalm 50:15 says, "And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." So we are calling and we pray our Deliverer is coming!

The intrusions of late have caused me to remember a book by Jerry Bridges called, Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts. It is chocked full of scripture references that help us to deal with times when life is tough.

We are still waiting to hear all if all of Matt's financial aid for college is in. We are waiting on HOPE and a scholarship that should be announced soon.

Classwork is pretty tough for Qualitative Research. It makes it hard to get back focused on Chapter 2, but all must get back on track. The one good thing is after this class I should be able to get T6 pay.

Holy Cow!!!!! In the midst of writing this post the phone rang. It was some man named....Eiger Hestad. He lives in Georgia and somehow came across our name and wondered if we were related. Go figure? We had a nice visit he was retired and had moved to Kennesaw from Conneticut.

So I go call Dan's mom and tell her about the phone call. She says well I just got my own strange phone call from a Hestad!!!! What the heck!!! Well Dan's brother that died had a son who is a year older than Drew, so he's 24. Mike's wife had left him many years before his death because of his addiction and the family hasn't seen Jimmy since he was 12. Well Jimmy tells Mom and Dad that he is coming through Minneapolis with his wife and two children and would like to meet them!!!!!! Dan and I are going to be checking in on this late Sunday night, because I have a sneaking feeling that Jimmy looks just like his Daddy and this might be a little difficult for Dan's mom. They are taking pictures and we shall update you on that!

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

What an odd combination of events. I think you've found the right verse to get you through it all, so I won't offer any advice, just hugs & prayers. :)

K2daK said...

I want to read that book now. :)

Haven't you done that class already? Maybe I am thinking of your stastics class, maybe I took that research class to get my master's-I did I remember now..the professor always said benchmark but it sounded like bitchmark and at first I looked at my friend Jane and said, did he just say bitch? It was funny!

I can't wait to hear more about the long lost relative.