Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I love coffee! I know that it is an odd obsession, but I can't help it. To me the start of a great day is to get up really early in the morning and get to drink at least 3 cups of coffee before going out of the door. I've tried making coffee at work, but it is always lukewarm by the time I get to it. Coffee has to be piping hot.

I'm very particular about my coffee. Perhaps this started in the late 80's when we lived in Crested Butte, Colorado. One thing that we could afford to do back then was go to the coffee store (There wasn't a Starbuck's). I can still remember the taste and smell of "Butter Pecan" coffee, on a cold day with several feet of snow on the ground. Currently, I'm drinking Starbucks "Verona". (I get to drink it for a while, because I found it at an incredible price at Target the other day!)

Now, my coffee has to have certain ingredients to make it special. First, if I don't have Sweet 'n Low, then I don't want coffee!! Next, it has to be Coffeemate Creamer. Dan tells me I'm going to die from all the Sweet 'n Low, but coffee without just isn't the same for me! Also, I use a special cup, I have two favorites at the moment. I have one I got at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Fort Worth that has a group of tough looking cowgirls on it and says, "My Heroes have always been Teachers." (A spin off one of my favorite movies and songs, "My Heroes have always been Cowboys). My other one, has an abstract art picture on it that Gabe did this year.

So today I hope you get to do those things you enjoy in life. I'll get my three cups in before foot therapy this morning.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a coffee drinker, too, but I can't do the creamer and sweet n low -- it hurts my teeth.
(ha)
During the school year, I keep the morning cups to a minimum because I don't have the time for many bathrooms break (the bad element of coffee drinking)
Kevin

Anonymous said...

I'm a total coffee addict too. Had a terrible headache on Sunday... until I had my coffee!

Jane said...

A confirmed Tea Drinker here but I enjoyed your story just the same!
~jane

Unknown said...

Diet coke drinker here, but you triggered memories for me of my mom and dad! My mom is always searching for her perfect coffee.

pati said...

I feel the same way about "hot" coffee in the morning. I am constantly warming my cup in the microwave to keep the coffee hot. Loved the photo of the heart in the cup of coffee.

Thanks for visiting my Peace Blog this morning. I appreciated your quote about the trials of life and holes in your amour.

BK said...

Coffee! Great to read about your passion. Now it's different for me, but that's fine.
No Starbucks, no s and l. My favorite coffee is always the coffee at our favorite diner on Rt 17 in Paramus, the Suburban Diner.
I can drink it all day or not. Depends. and I love diet coke as well.
Lost of obsessions for me.
Thanks for the inspiration Lennye
Bonnie

K2daK said...

I love coffee too! I didn't know that about you! Just this morning I mentioned how I wasn't able to drink a cup of hot coffee it kept getting cold on me! One of my favorite things about staying up late to work on school stuff (mine or the kids) is to have the excuse to make coffee at 9 p.m. :) I get very excited about coffee in the morning, I make it the night before so in the morning I just have to turn it on and I really honestly get giddy! I LOVE the Verona from Starbucks too. We should have a coffee date! I am a black coffee drinker, unless I am at Starbucks then sometimes (not every time) I will get something flavored.